I spent more time than I can to admit debating what to wear to my first Navy Homecoming. I agonized over it.
Homecoming is such an exciting time but it can also be overwhelming. You are excited, nervous, relieved, stressed and relaxed. Your loved one is finally retiring and it’s easy to stress about the perfect outfit. Here area few tips I can give you after attending multiple homecomings.
6 tips to keep in mind when trying to figure out what to wear to your first Navy Homecoming:
- Wear something comfortable! You could be waiting for a while, we all know times shift last minute.
- Wear something you feel confident in. Don’t worry about what everyone else is wearing. Put something on that makes you feel like you!
- Bring a change of shoes! If you are going to wear heals or flip-flops bring a pair of comfy closed toed shoes. That way you can wait in the comfy pair and throw on the cute ones at the last minute. (Also if you husband is on a ship and they let you on the ship you are actually supposed to have closed toed shoes on)
- Look at the weather! Be prepared for the heat, rain or snow (early snow but hey you never know!)
- Be prepared for it to be windy! Weather your loved on is returning home by plane, ship or bus there is typically always a wind factor.
- Don’t spend too much time on Pinterest and Instagram. It’s so easy to go down the social media rabbit hole, trying to figure out what to wear to your Navy Homecoming. Both applications are great tools for inspiration but not comparison.
Long story short just be you!! Wear what makes you the most comfortable. I promise no matter what you wear your loved one will just be happy to see you. They have been looking forward to see you for months. Not your dress or your shoes. So have fun with it!
[…] Trying to figure out what to wear to your homecoming? Here are some tips! […]
[…] to figure out what to wear to your homecoming? Check out this blog! Or still brain storming different sign ideas? Here are some of my […]
2 Comments on Navy Homecoming – What to wear?